Tuesday 18 October 2016

Hour 47 - Omnipresence with Trevor Young



HOUR 47 - Should I Start A Podcast with Ronsley Vas. Episode 47: OmniPresence with Trevor Young. 
I’m a bit of a fan of this podcast series because the speakers are so diverse and there’s never a dull episode. I know I’ve only reviewed two so far, but I was listening to this series before I started this challenge. 
There were a lot of takeaway points in this episode and I especially like how Trevor Young discussed the four different types of media we can be involved in and why it’s important to be diverse with where you can be found, becasue not everyone is looking on Google. 
  1. Paid Media - traditional advertising
  2. Local Media - We may own the content we add, but we have no control over the site itself and the rules are constant changing, such as Facebook. 
  3. Owned Media - This is the stuff we own and fully control, like our websites, newsletters, blogs and podcasts. 
  4. Earned Media - This is the big one. Being invited to write on other blogs, be invited on someone else's podcast, appear in magazines and television. 
To obtain earned media, you must first build your brand and reputation and over time, and with strategic thinking you will develop earned media opportunities. 
Last point I wanted to share is to always be yourself. If you like wearing jeans and a t-shirt, then that’s what you should wear and if you like wearing a suit, then wear a suit. Be authentic…be who you are. 


We Are Podcast Website: http://bit.ly/2eqiJ4w
BE AUTHENTIC
Dr. Tyson E. Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment