Sunday 20 November 2016

HOUR 80 - The Anti Ice Man



HOUR 80: The Miesha Tate Show: 17/10/16 Interview with Gary Reinl  - The Anti Ice Man. 

This podcast episode is going to screw with your mind, especially if you’re in the health  industry or played a lot of sport in your day, and you’ve been taught that the R.I.C.E theory (Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation) is a necessity after every soft tissue injury. 

Gary Reinl is the Anti Ice Man and says the R.I.C.E theory is based on lies and even the doctor that came up with the theory also agrees that he was wrong and using ice for soft tissue injuries has no healing benefits. This doctor even wrote the forward to Gary Reinl’s book, ICED, saying exactly that. 

HERE IS TODAYS TAKEAWAY POINT: It’s not important if you believe Gary Reinl and the latest research about using, or not using ice, what is important is that we keep our minds open and question some of the things we’re often taught. 

When I went through university I constantly questioned my lecturers about what they were teaching me, and I was often shut down and told, “that’s just the way it’s done”. How often have you been told this?  

I intend to read the ICED book and make up my own mind, but after listening to the podcast it did get me thinking and questioning my past beliefs on using ice and whether it has helped or hinder my past injuries.  

Miesha Tate Website: http://mieshatate.com/

Gary Reinl Website: http://garyreinl.com/

ICED on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2g91195

NEVER STOP ASKING QUESTIONS

Dr. Tyson E. Franklin
www.tysonfranklin.com
www.365HourChallenge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment