Sunday 6 November 2016

Hour 66 - What You Speak Defines You



Hour 66: The Ziglar Show True Performance podcast, Episode 435 - What You Speak Defines You with host Kevin Miller. 

I will openly admit that this particular podcast is by far one of my all time favourites. Every episode is packed with useful information that can be applied to both my personal and business life. 

Todays takeaway: - You need to join the ‘Smile, Firm Handshake & Compliment Club’. When you meet people, give them a big smile, give them a firm handshake and pay them a genuine compliment. 

When I do my walks each day I smile and say hello to every person I pass and about 80% smile and say hello back, however about 20% will not even acknowledge my existence. And here’s something I’ve noticed, they all have the same defeated grumpy face. Are you a smiler or do you look away? 

When you shake someones hand, make it firm, don’t give them a dead fish handshake, otherwise you may find the other person raises your hand and starts kisses it. I often wonder what happens when two dead fish hand shakers meet, do their hands just flounder around? 

And when you can, give people a genuine compliment. It doesn’t need to be big, but it will make their day. As Mark Twain says, “I can live two months on a good compliment”. 

I share a few more thoughts on the video if you care to watch it. 

Website: https://ziglarshow.com/

LEAD WITH A CONFIDENT HANDSHAKE

Dr Tyson E. Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment