Sunday 12 February 2017

HOUR 163: PODCAST NAME WITHHELD



HOUR 163: PODCAST NAME WITHHELD: I did listen to a podcast during my walk today, however…I got nothing from it and this annoyed me. 

It was a mishmash of thoughts and topics and there didn’t seem to be any real goal or point to the episode. When it finished I was dumbfounded. 

I’ve been doing some work recently with a friend of mine, Ronsley Vaz from Amplify, and we’ve been discussing podcasting. Ronsley’s number one message is always…”What’s the promise you’re making to your listeners when they tune in”? 

After listening to the podcast today i felt the podcaster had broke their promise to me, becasue what I got was not why I normally tune it. 

So here are my takeaway points:
  • Podcasters: Stay on track, remember why you started your podcast and make sure you live up to the promise you made to your listeners. They tune in for a reason. 
  • Business Owners: When you set up your business, you also made a promise to your customers and clients, which is why they chose your business over others, so don’t deviate too far from what made you a success. 
Tyson E. Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment