Sunday 4 June 2017

Hour 198 - Networking and Referrals



HOUR 198: Open Roll podcast with Jurgen Rudolph, Episode 84: Networking and Referrals. 

Three takeaway points:

1. When you’re at a networking event you will be asked the obvious question: WHAT DO YOU DO? You need to have an answer and you cannot hesitate. 

I was at a speaking event yesterday, Small Biz Big Future, and one of my fellow speakers and friends Nicky Jurd, from Precedence, nailed this question. “So Nicky what do you do?” Her response is, “I build websites for Business People”. She doesn’t say I’m in I.T. 
Nicky gave another example of an Accountant. “I help business people reduce their tax”. This is much better than saying I’m an Accountant. 

2. Be specific on the type of referrals you want. If you’re ideal clients are under 30 with young families, then tell people that’s what you want.

3. When someone tells you their business has grown 25% over the past 12-months, make sure you ask them how they did it. Don’t just nod your head and say that’s great. They will openly share what they’ve been up to. 

iTunes: http://apple.co/2lS8Kef

Tyson E Franklin www.tysonfranklin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment