Saturday 29 April 2017

Hour 183 - Guest Blogging




HOUR 183: Interview Connections podcast with Jessica Rhodes, Episode 127: Guest Blogging with Maggie Patterson. This podcast series was previously called Rhodes To Success and I discussed Jessica’s rebranding decision in Hour 167. 

This episode is all about guest blogging, and if you want to be a guest blogger you’ll get a lot out of listening to this, however my takeaway points have got more to do with getting feedback and using it to become a better writer. 
  1. When you approach an organisation or individual to be a guest blogger, expect rejection, especially if you have not yet built credibility as a blogger or writer in your space. 
  2. When someone does say yes, you may also be asked to re-write your blogs. This doesn’t mean you’re a bad writer, but you may need to adjust your style of writing to suit their audience. So expect criticism and feedback and take it on board to become better. 
When I first started shooting my videos, Greg Buckley gave me a few tips on where my eyes should be looking, and this valuable piece of advice has definitely helped me engage more with the audience. 
Website: http://www.interviewconnections.com/

Dr. Tyson E. Franklin
www.tysonfranklin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment